Back to all postsPlatinum Experiences
5 Reasons to House Hunt Off Season
The crisp air and motivated sellers make buying a house during the off-peak fall and winter seasons the perfect time to get your perfect home. When a property is listed, the goal is usually to get it sold as quickly as possible, so sellers may be more willing to accommodate buyers who are searching during the off season.
Inclement weather is always a possibility when house hunting late in the year. But surprisingly, shopping during the cold months provides five great benefits that you can take advantage of and sweeten your search:
- Attractive mortgage rates are still available.
- Fewer shoppers are in the market competing for your dream home.
- Extreme weather conditions allow you to see repairs that need to be made.
- Eager sellers may be more willing to negotiate on price, contingencies, or repairs.
- Possible tax incentives for you to purchase a house before the year ends.
- Normal allowable home purchase deductions will be the points, interest, and property taxes that you pay.
Off season is a good time to go against the grain and start your home search. So, bundle up, brave the harsh weather, and think about the five reasons you must buy the home you want.