Financial Resolution #1: Take the 52 Week Challenge
What’s your New Year’s resolution? Set a realistic goal. By saving $20 per week – imagine $1000 in your savings at the end of the year.
Here are 7 easy ways to make it happen.
1. Hide your credit cards in a secure spot at home, like a dresser or closet. Don’t rely on your credit cards. If you don’t have cash in hand, you can’t spend it.
2. Make coffee at home at least 1 time per week. Spend less money on coffee and more time at home. Be your own barista.
3. Sign up for store emails that get you special deals and clip coupons. Some quick sites that may help → Ebates – Get cash back for every online purchase and get paid quarterly. This site also has all the latest coupon codes to save you extra cash. RetailMeNot – Great site for online coupons and printable ones for in store purchases.
4. Make at least 1 meal a day at home during the week. The average amount Americans spend per lunch is $10. Packing a lunch can cost as little as $3. A savings of $7 every week, over 52 weeks equals $364.
5. Conserve energy. Turn off the lights, don’t let the water run, hang dry your clothes, etc. The Simple Dollar shows that hang drying your clothes will “save $9.96” per every hour of laundry.
6. Write a grocery list and stick to it. The worst thing is going to a grocery store unprepared and/or hungry. You end up buying way more than what you need.
7. Have a modern garage sale – Online! You can use apps and websites like Poshmark or Ebay to re-sell your gently used items.
$20 a week for 52 weeks is $1,000 savings just for you!
If you have any helpful tips to save more, please comment below. We want your feedback.