Up Your Home’s Curb Appeal with Spring Cleaning
When we think of “Spring Cleaning” we usually think of purging items that are no longer in use or haven’t been used in some time, lurking in forgotten corners of closets, the basement, and the garage. During Spring Cleaning, it might feel like nothing is off limits when it comes to getting rid of stuff — clothes, old toys, that lawnmower that hasn’t started in a decade.
Selling your home also requires a fair amount of Spring Cleaning. Not just the of recycling old boxes, but also creating that sense of “home” for someone else. Imagine driving up to your house: what are your first impressions when you see the outside? Are the hedges growing over the fence? Is the paint on the porch a little too chipped? What are those leftover gutter pieces doing on the side of the garage?
Curb appeal is a major factor when buying or selling your home. As you begin to prepare to sell your home this season, there are a few things you can do to enhance its appeal for a potential buyer. Remember: a little goes a long way.
- Paint it! Create that sense of uniqueness.
- Install a new door handle. Potential buyers can see the fresh take from the street!
- Lights along the front path or driveway add a lot to the aesthetics of your home.
- Updated outdoor light fixtures also create a warm, safe feeling and increase overall visibility.
- A welcoming doormat gives potential buyers a true sense of home.
- Installing a front mailbox, again, creates that rustic feel that homebuyers search for.
- All the items listed above create that sense of “home.” However, a wreath or accent pieces like a bench add that head turning aspect to your home.
- This project may include a few extra expenses, but can potentially yield a high return when it comes to curb appeal. A porch light, a side light, or a garage light also increase nighttime safety. This little detail adds so much to your selling process.
- Flower boxes along window frames give your home a charming feel that homebuyers look for. They’re inexpensive and add that extra “pop.”
- Potted plants give the same effect — Plants are life and give a potential homebuyer a feeling of warmth.
- Adding a chair, loveseat, or even a coffee table can create the sense of comfort. This is a big factor to a potential homebuyer, as they want to see your house as their home.
“Curb appeal” takes a lot into consideration, including decor, furniture, and lighting. Ultimately, the goal is to make your home as attractive as possible. It’s no easy feat — keep in mind that details are everything. Adding those little touches will make your home more appealing to potential buyers.
Considering selling your home? Call 1-800-9LENDER to discuss available loan programs with one of our qualified mortgage consultants. Platinum is always available to help. Whether this is your first time buying/selling a home or you’re in the market for the new home of your dreams, we’re here for you.