Protecting your privacy is our priority at PLATINUM HOME MORTGAGE CORPORATION®. This is our pledge to you and, as you will see by reading this statement of our privacy practices, we take our promise very seriously. Our pledge is that we will not disclose any nonpublic personal information to non-affiliated parties, except as permitted or required by law. Your privacy is our single highest priority and we want you to understand what information we collect and how we use it.
This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Nonpublic personal information (“NPI”) is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. For example, NPI includes information regarding your account balance, payment history, overdraft history, or unlisted phone number.
Opt Out means that you have chosen/elected for Platinum Home Mortgage Corporation to NOT share your NPI with any entity outside of those required to transact your specific loan request, with our affiliates, or where permitted by law.
We collect NPI and public information. You provide NPI to us so that we may help you try to meet your financial goals. This information allows us to better help you, keep you apprised of products and services that may be of interest to you and enhance your Platinum experience by better understanding your needs. We may collect NPI about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you (or about other people such as co-borrowers) on applications or other loan and account forms (such as phone, address, social security number, assets, income and employment history); and/or
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as your loan balance, payment history or other account information); and/or
• Information we receive from mortgage settlement service providers (such as credit bureaus); and/or
• Information collected from your web browser when you visit our website (such as date, time, and areas of our websites that were visited).
Possible Disclosed Information
A. We may disclose NPI about you to our family of companies (affiliates). Affiliates are defined as companies related to us by common control or ownership.
B. Except as permitted or required by law, we will not disclose any NPI about you to the following types of companies outside of the corporate family (non-affiliated third parties):
• Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers, securities broker-dealers and insurance agents
• Non-financial companies, such as retailers, direct marketers and airlines
• Others such as non-profit organizations
C. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the law additionally permits us to disclose the following information to affiliated companies with which we have joint marketing arrangements:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income
• Information about transactions with us or our corporate family
• Information we receive from credit bureaus
D. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we also are permitted under law to share information about our experiences or transactions with you or your account (such as your account balance and your payment history with us) with our affiliates. We also may share additional information about you or your account, such as information we receive from you in applications and information from credit reporting agencies, with our corporate family.
E. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we are also permitted under law to disclose NPI about you to companies outside of PLATINUM HOME MORTGAGE CORPORATION’S corporate family (nonaffiliated third parties) in certain other circumstances as prescribed by the Graham Leach Bliley Act. For example, we may disclose NPI about you to third parties to assist us in servicing your loan or account with us, for example, to companies involved in the loan process such as appraisers, title companies, credit reporting companies and mortgage servicers who are a necessary part of the mortgage transaction, and to government entities in response to subpoenas and to credit bureaus when requested.
F. When your loan is sold, we will continue to adhere to these guidelines in regard to your information.
We recognize that, when consumers provide medical information for a specific purpose, they do not wish it to be used for other purposes, such as marketing, or in making a credit decision. If a customer provided personal medical information to us, we will NOT disclose the information.
Our Security Procedures
We also take steps to safeguard customer information. Access to your personal information with PLATINUM HOME MORTGAGE CORPORATION is only accessible by PLATINUM HOME MORTGAGE CORPORATION staff and agents who we determine need to know that information to provide products or services to you, service your account or maintain the systems that support your account (except where otherwise permitted by law). We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your NPI.
PLATINUM HOME MORTGAGE CORPORATION is affiliated with the following companies, each of which has adopted this privacy pledge to you:
FREEDOM TITLE CORPORATION
SPIRIT OF FREEDOM INSURANCE AGENCY (FREEDOM INSURED)
LANDMARK EXECUTIVES LLC
This policy applies to individual customers only as prescribed by law.
Opt-Out Disclosure Important Notice
If you use the Opt Out Disclosure, we may not disclose the following kinds of NPI about you unless it meets the requirements permitted by law to transact your loan request:
• Information we receive from you on applications or the other loan account forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income
• Information about your transactions with us or our family of companies (affiliates), such as your account balance or payment history
• Information we receive from credit bureaus, such as your creditworthiness or credit history
You may sign and return an Opt Out Disclosure, which would prohibit the sharing of your personal nonpublic information (other than those already permitted by law), with entities not related to and affiliated with PLATINUM HOME MORTGAGE CORPORATION. If you wish to Opt Out for sharing of your information, you may advise us via letter at:
Platinum Home Mortgage Corporation
Attn: Opt-Out/Compliance2000 Center Drive, Suite East D403
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
To Opt-Out of receiving this information, please complete the Opt-Out Disclosure
Notice to vendors wishing to do business with Platinum Home Mortgage
Only certain corporate officers of Platinum Home Mortgage have the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of the company. Employees of Platinum Home Mortgage who do not hold corporate office, including branch managers, do not have any authority to contract on behalf of the company. Platinum Home Mortgage reserves the right to repudiate any contracts entered into by an employee lacking authority and any vendor or service provider who enters into a contract with any such employee does so at their own risk.
Explanation of Cookies
Cookies, also known as HTTP cookies, web cookies or browser cookies, are small text files stored on your computer by the web browser that you use to visit websites on the Internet. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to a website as well as notify the website of your activity.
This website has implemented the Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising (e.g. Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting).
Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. We and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past visits to this website and to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site. This could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who have not completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an inquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you, including the ability to Opt-out, using the Settings for Google Ads or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to better understand our target audience so that we may provide more relevant editorial content.
Sharing Information with Advertisers or Other Third Parties
Links to Other Sites
Our website may include links to other sites whose privacy policies may differ from those of Platinum Home Mortgage Corporation. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Our website may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact our Legal Department at [email protected] In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Agreement and Contact
By clicking on any button indicating an acceptance or agreement to terms, a continuance of processing or submission you understand that you are agreeing to the stated terms and conditions of that submission and that you are agreeing to the following:
• That you agree to have read and accepted the supporting terms and conditions and agree to do business electronically with Platinum Home Mortgage Corporation.
• To receive important notices, and other communications at any telephone number or email address (including a mobile device) you entered so that Platinum can contact you. At the time of the authorization, such authorization removes any previous registration(s) on a federal or state Do-Not-Call (DNC) registry or any prior Opt-Out/unsubscribe requests you may have previously requested with Platinum Home Mortgage Corporation.
• That Platinum Home Mortgage Corporation, or one of its third-party service providers, may use an automatic dialing system in connection with calls made to any telephone number you entered, even if it is a cellular phone number or other service for which the called person(s) could be charged for such call.
Notice to California, New Mexico, North Dakota and Vermont Residents
The information sharing practices described above are in accordance with Federal law. State law in Vermont, North Dakota, New Mexico and California, places additional limits on sharing information. In accordance with these laws, Platinum will not share information we collect, except:
• As required or permitted by law (such as in response to a subpoena) or;
• To companies that perform services on our behalf or;
• With your authorization or consent.
Notice to residents of California pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
If you are a resident of the state of California, you may have rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. To find out more about these rights or how you may make a request pursuant to that Act, please click here.